v220.127.116.11 – 15 Feb 2017
- [*] ScreenCapture: Small GUI fix on the “show remote mouse cursor” checkbox when resizing form.
v1.7.4 – 14 Feb 2017
- [+] Added “Rename remote client” function, to change it’s assigned name on the fly.
- [+] Screen Capture: Added option to show remote mouse cursor.
- [+] Screen Logger: Added option to show remote mouse cursor.
- [*] Minor bugfix: Fixed out of range error message, which appeared when pressing a shortkeys while connections listview was focused but with 0 hosts connected.
- [*] Minor GUI changes/improvements.
v1.7.3 – 23 Jan 2017
- [*] Password Recovery & Automatic Recovery: improvements and fixes, now recovery is done via dedicated socket.
IMPORTANT: Password Recovery function from this version is NOT compatible with older versions Password Recovery.
Update remote hosts to new version in order to use the upgraded Password Recovery.
- [*] Webcam Capture: GUI improvements, and now Frame Timestamp is displayed.
- [*] Screen Capture: Fixed crash occurring when there is no display to render.
- [*] Now windows created by functions stay on top of the Main C&C Window.
This provides a more comfortable experience, expecially when using many functions alltogether, or if you want to keep Remcos C&C fullscreen.
v1.7.2 – 20 Jan 2017
- [*] Improved compatibility of watchdog and injection functions with crypter/packer software; now these functions should be compatible with almost any crypter.
v1.7.1 – 19 Jan 2017
- [+] Added Watchdog functionality which protects Remcos file and process from accidental termination or deletion;
if this function is activated, it will be possible to uninstall Remcos easily only by using Close or Uninstall functions from C&C.
- [+] Added Registry watchdog, which protects Remcos registry entries from corruption or deletion.
- [*] Minor fixes and improvements.
v1.7 – 05 Jan 2017
- [+] Added Remote Registry Editor function.
v1.6.11 – 18 Dec 2016
- [+] C&C: Added changelog button
v1.6.10 – 17 Dec 2016
- [+] C&C: Now Operative System architecture (32/64 bit) is displayed on OS column as well.
- [*] Backdoor: bugfix on installation which occurred when installing under system32 in 64bit platform.
v1.6.9 – 14 Dec 2016
- [+] Added stub selection, with relocation build option.
- [*] Backdoor: fixed crash which occurred when connecting to a DNS via a disabled network adapter.
- [*] C&C: Fixed visual bug on some Info MessageBoxes cutting long text when using custom theme.
- [*] C&C: Screencapture: now mouse clicks and keystrokes are not sent anymore if screencapture is disabled or in “single frame” mode.
- [+] Added Remote Scripting function: allows you to quickly write, launch and monitor scripts on all of your machines.
Scripts get deleted as soon as they finish their execution.
You need to update your remote clients to be able to use this function on them.
- [+] Added Shortcut Keys for menu functions, so you can quickly pop up functions using the keyboard.
You can hide/show display of shortcut keys in menu from Local Settings -> Preferences.
- [+] Backdoor: more detailed displayed info (in visible mode).
- [+] C&C: Now you can set custom ping interval.
- [+] C&C: “Assigned name” field replaced with “ID” field, which contains assigned prefix + a unique identifier (based on remote OS name, PC/Username, IP address, Mutex), to identify a remote connection with an unique identifier.
- [*] C&C: Fixed access violation error which happened on closing Remcos C&C and prevented Remcos from closing using the X button; this error occurred in some particular cases after user logs out and in Windows
- [*] C&C: Changed design of Settings section, to make it more tidy.
- [*] C&C: Fixed KeepAlive Sleep problem which happened on some systems, and caused connections to disconnect and reconnect in some conditions.
- [*] C&C: Fixed memory leak on GeoLocalization thread.
- [*] Other small fixes and improvements.
- [!] Now on Remcos Free is no more available “invisible” mode.
- [+] Added mail clients recovery (Thunderbird, Outlook)
- [+] Added on-demand Clear cookies/logins option in keylogger form
v1.6.5 – 19 Oct 2016
- [*] C&C: Fixes regarding new builder system
- [*] Backdoor: Small fixes regarding injection on 64-bit platforms
- [*] File Manager: now it is possible to open remotely multiple files simoultaneously
v1.6.4 – 16 Oct 2016
- [+] Added Builder Profiles system
- [*] Corrected visual bug in some locations displyed using GeoIP method
v1.6.3 – 11 Oct 2016
- [+] Now you have the option to create a custom folder to install remcos exe and keylogs. The custom folder will be created inside the chosen parent director, ex. C:\Windows\Remcos\remcos.exe.
You can still install remcos without own folder, ex. C:\Windows\remcos.exe, by simply leaving custom folder field blank.
- [*] Fixed “zombie remcos” bug, which made the C&C unresponsive and had to be killed by task manager. This bug happened in some cases after a prolonged use of the C&C.
- [*] Other stability and performance improvements.
- [*] Few small GUI fixes and improvements.
v1.6.2 – 25 Sep 2016
- [*] Small improvements and bugfixes related to installation, UAC bypass and Password Recovery AutoTask.
v1.6.1 – 24 Sep 2016
- [+] AutoTasks:Added ability to save/load tasklists.
- [*] Now order and width of columns in connections listview get remembered after you restart Remcos C&C (They are saved in remcos .ini file).
v18.104.22.168 – 21 Sep 2016
- [*] Fixed bug related to wrong display of remote computer name in some rare cases.
- [*] ScreenCapture & CamCapture: Fixed visual misalignment of some components when resizing form, this visual bug was introduced in v1.6.
v1.6 – 17 Sep 2016
- [+] Added IP Geolocation
- [+] Added Priviledge Escalation Exploit (UAC Bypass)
- [+] Anti-Analysis: Added Self-Uninstall reaction: erase itself completely from system when selected analysis environment is detected
- [+] Screen Capture: Added “AutoSave all frames” function
- [+] Webcam Capture: Added “AutoSave all frames” function
- [+] Window Manager: Added options to maximize and restore windows
- [*] Password Recovery: optimized to make it slightly faster
- [*] Process Manager: Fixed “List Index out of bounds” error which appeared after sorting connections in custom order
- [*] Builder: Installation ComboBoxes are now not-editable, to prevent user errors
v 1.5.2 – 02 Sep 2016
- [+] Added “Local Connection Address” in HostInfo form
- [+] Added “Priviledge Level” in HostInfo form
- [*] Fixed “List Index out of bounds” error which appeared after sorting connections in custom order
- [*] Fixed visual bug which made ports appear as listening in some cases, even after error message when ports where
signaled as unavailable
- [*] Fixed connection bug which happened in some particular cases when more then 1 connection address was
specified, and prevented remote host to connect to C&C until some time
- [*] Fixed visual bug on CamCapture function, which signaled a wrong “no camera detected” message when multiple instances of CamCapture where running together
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes.
v 22.214.171.124 – 26 Aug 2016
- [*] Fixed bug in tray notification not showing info correctly, bug was introduced in v1.5.1 due to unicode conversion.
v 1.5.1 – 25 Aug 2016
- [+] Added System Uptime view.
- [*] Unicode: Window Manager and Computer/Username are now Unicode
- [*] Fixed flickering of listview when many connections are active
- [+] WebCam Capture: added Open Local Pictures Folder button, to quick access pictures folder.
- [*] WebCam Capture: no more msgbox notifying of file saved (now notified in statusbar, more comfortable)
- [!] Not compatible with previous versions of remote hosts, due to unicode improvements. Use your older version of Remcos to update your remote hosts to v1.5.1.
v 1.5 – 22 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Fun Functions
- [+] Now it is possible to customize application look, by selecting one from a total of 26 different skins.
- [*] Improved Unicode compatibility for unicode languages (chinese etc.), including changes on File Manager, File Search, Process Manager, and Active Window Title.
- [*] Other minor changes and fixes
- [!] Not fully compatible with remote hosts and .ini config file of previous versions. Delete remcos_settings.ini file before opening v1.5, and update your remote hosts to v1.5.
v 1.4 – 14 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Force Relogin function
- [*] ScreenCapture: Now Mouse/Keyboard input value gets remembered (no more always enabled as default)
- [*] Bugfixes
v 1.3 – 1 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Idle Time view in main interface.
- [*] Now it’s possible to drag columns of main interface, to place them in custom order.
- [*] Small fixes on keylogger.
- [!] v1.3 is not compatible with old backdoor clients.
v 1.2 – 30 Jul 2016
- [+] Added Selective Keylogger functionality!
Selective Keylogger will log keystrokes only when typed inside a chosen window/s.
Now possible from builder to enable Offline Keylogger in Log Everything mode, or in Selective Keylogging mode.
- [*] Improvements on the existing keylogger functionality
- [*] Some GUI improvements
- [*] Minor bugfixes
v 126.96.36.199 – 27 Jul 2016
- [*] Fixed access violation error on C&C, which occurred sometimes when multiple remote hosts are connected, and get abruptly disconnected due to network stoppage or other hard disconnections.
v 1.1.1 – 26 Jul 2016
- [*] Fixed Remcos program updater, which did display new update but didn’t download it correctly.
- [*] Fixed access violation error which occurred in some cases on program exit.
v 1.1 – 24 Jul 2016
- [+] Added Password Recovery function.
- [+] Added Password Recovery automatic task.
- [*] Fixed Editable TreeView in Builder section.
v 1.0 – 21 Jul 2016
- First public release of Remcos.