v2.0.1 – v2.0.2 – 10 february 2018
- [*] Fixes on C&C
v2.0.0 – 02 february 2018
[*] Core Connection protocol totally rewritten, to improve efficiency and speed.
The new protocol has been designed to be faster, while also using less CPU and memory, compared to the old Remcos v1 protocol.
This will result in a generally faster experience of all functions which transmit data with the remote host.
The improvements are notable when communicating with a single remote host, but expecially when managing many hosts simoultaneously.
ScreenCapture improvements![+] ScreenCapture: Added “Sync Mouse Movements” option
[*] ScreenCapture: improved mouse remote input and clicks system, now possible to drag windows and objects around
[*] ScreenCapture: now while sending keystrokes, it gets status of Shift, Ctrl, Alt keys
[*] ScreenCapture: Optimized socket commands data to make transmission faster
File Manager improvements![*] FileManager: optimized socket commands data to make transmission faster
[*] FileManager: Fixed wrong displayed file size on completed downloads
[*] FileManager: improved “set wallpaper” function, now it is possible to choose wallpaper style.
And many other improvements:[+] The double click action on remote hosts are now customizable.
You can now assign your favourite function to be opened directly by double-clicking on the host, without having to use the functions menu.
[+] Power Manager: Added “Force” option
[*] Listening Ports Local Settings: added the ability to start/stop a port without having to remove from list and readd it again.
[+] Keylogger: Added keylog file size limit option
[*] Keylogger: GUI changes and improvements
[*] GUI fixes and improvements on Process Manager / Window Manager / Functions Menu
[*] Send Command function now Unicode
[*] Fixed bug on categorized functions menu which was able to pop up when connection list was empty
[*] Fixed bug when remote host disconnects CurrentFrmClipboardManager
[*] Builder now signals incompatibility packers/injection
[*] Various other fixes and tweaks [!] Due to the radical change of the core connection protocol, Remcos v1 agents are not compatible with Remcos v2 C&C and viceversa.
If you want to update remotely a Remcos v1 host, first build your new Remcos v2 remote agent;
then open the Remcos v1 C&C and use either the Update function, Download/Execute function, or File Manager to run the new Remcos v2 agent on the remote machine.
v1.9.9 – 17 december 2017
- [+] Added “Restart remote agent” function.
When receiving this command, Remcos agent will self-terminate and restart.
- [*] Code optimizations
- [*] Chat: fixed bug where you were able to send message before chat plugin was loaded
- [*] Assigned Name: now, for a clearer view, the displayed name will no more contain the “unique ID” alphanumeric code postfix.
- [+] Keylogger: now KL start/stop times are logged. This for both Online and Offline Keyloggers.
- [*] Keylogger: fixed minor bug where the keylogs file wasn’t deleted after uninstallation or update. Happened if Selective Keylogger was enabled but not active
- [*] Keylogger: minor formatting improvements
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes
v1.9.8 – 16 december 2017
- [*] Process Injection: Fixed bug in “Inject custom process”, where Remcos was unable to inject custom process, so it injected browser.
Bug was introduced in v1.9.0.
- [*] Builder: now filename is saved in builder profile
- [*] FileMgr: when in visible mode, the remote user can now see which folder are browsed via file manager and which files are executed.
Useful for remote assistence and support sessions.
- [*] Priviledge Escalation: Newer patched systems are now handled in UAC bypass exploit.
If patched system is detected, exploit won’t launch, and Remcos will start normally.
- [+] Added “Terms of agreement” button in About tab, so you can remember our terms of usage.
- [*] Security improvements and fixes
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes
v1.9.7 – 13 december 2017
Update after update, Remcos large array of functions has increased longer and longer.
Remcos includes so many functions, that sometimes it was confusing to navigate among them all!
This new release features a new type of functions menu, where all the functions are grouped into Categories:
- System Management
- Network functions
- Extra functions
- Remcos Remote Agent Management
You are always able to switch to the classic, expanded menu in Local Settings -> Preferences.
The new release also features fixes and tweaks.
Any feedback and comment is appreciated as always!
Here is complete changelog:
- [+] Added new “Categorized style” functions menu. It can be possible to switch to the classic, “expanded” menu via the local settings.
- [*] Rearrangements and changes to menu GUI and some shortkeys
- [*] File Manager: fixed bug in C&C code when downloading very small files (below 65 kb)
- [*] Other minor tweaks
v1.9.6 – 08 december 2017
- [!] New authentication: download new KeyGen v4 from your client area and send us your new licence key, to work with Remcos v1.9.6
- [+] Added new, Remcos-styled notification for new connections and disconnections.
In the notification window, you can click the Remcos icon, to quickly open Remcos C&C when minimized or not in foreground.
This new notification has been developed to replace the Windows-style notification, which may be annoying.
You can still use the old Windows-style notification or no notification at all, by going in Local Settings.
- [*] Fixed small GUI issue in CPU info on some systems (too many spaces)
- [*] Small GUI improvements
- [*] Changes on authentication and security
- [*] Default Remcos Font has been changed from Tahoma to Arial
v1.9.5 – 21 november 2017
- [+] ScreenCapture: added “view remote screen resolution” and “display in original resolution”
- [+] Host Info: CPU & GPU added in remote host properties: Now it is possible to see the model of the system’s processor and graphics card.
- [+] Remote Agent Updater: added option to choose download path
- [*] ScreenCapture: fixed screensaver bug
- [*] Host Info: improved GUI
- [*] Other minor fixes and improvements
- [!] Due to the improvements made, the new “Remote Agent Updater” function won’t work with the old remote agent versions. You can use your old C&C to use this function with your old remote agents. Or you can use the new v1.9.5 Download&Execute or FileManager, which are still compatible.
v1.9.4 – 16 November 2017
- [*] Fixed error in previous release v1.9.3, which didn’t allow some old remote agent versions to connect to the new C&C .
- [*] DLL Loader: fixed bug which didn’t allow to insert URL after selecting”From Local File” mode and going back to “From URL” mode
- [*] Fixed false positive detection on anti-abuse/anti-cracking system
- [*] DPI Scaling fixes
- [*] GUI improvements and fixes
v1.9.3 – 14 November 2017
- [+] Added “Installation path” in Host Info. Displays installation path of remcos backdoor file, even if it is injected.
- [*] File Manager: fixed download file stuck issues on large file transfers.
- [*] File Manager: File Upload code has been rewritten for better stability, speed and lower resource usage.
- [*] File Manager: fixed C&C freeze when closing FileManager form after download stuck.
- [*] File Manager: fixed flickering when using custom themes.
- [*] File Manager: fixed access violation on “create new folder” function.
- [*] File Manager: added error notification when failing to delete file or folder on remote system.
- [*] File Manager: fixed listview items text displaying in bold after the transfer progressbar.
- [*] File Manager: other minor fixes and improvements.
- [*] Audio Capture: Fixed Offline Audio Recording not saving audio files, bug introduced in v1.9.0
- [*] Audio Capture: Fixed Offline Audio folder not deleted on uninstallation.
- [*] ScreenLogger: fixed memory bug which made ScreenLogger not start correctly in some cases.
- [*] ScreenLogger: fixed error when opening screen logger and there was no remote screenlogger folder.
- [*] ScreenLogger: better filenames (now name starts with “time” for time interval screenshots, and with “wnd” for Selective Window screenshots.
- [*] ScreenLogger: other minor fixes and improvements.
- [*] Keylogger: fixed Online keylogger not getting window title and clipboard when Offline keylogger was disabled.
- [*] Chat: now chat scrolls down automatically on last message.
- [*] Chat: GUI empty message fix on remote agent side.
- [*] Fixed stub type (normal or relocations) not saved in builder profiles.
- [*] Event Log: GUI improvements (new icons)
- [*] Builder: GUI improvements
v1.9.2 – 10 October 2017
- [+] Now it is possible to customize and select any font for Remcos C&C text!
You can choose your favourite font from “Local Settings -> Preferences”.
- [*] Fixes on remote agent installation and update functions, which caused an error popup on some systems.
- [*] Fixes and improvements on form scaling on high resolution screens.
- [*] ScreenCapture: fixed bug which caused application freeze when closing ScrCap form.
- [*] ScreenLogger: fixed “cannot find local screenshot folder” message appearing when folder actually existed.
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes.
v1.9.1 – 06 Sep 2017
- [+] Keylogger: now remote log file path is shown in the bottom of keylogger form.
- [*] Keylogger: fixed bug introduced in v1.9.0 when using “unencrypted logs” mode
- [*] Keylogger: fixed bug which happened when remote log got deleted when creating remote log inside a folder
- [*] Keylogger: small other fixes and improvements
- [*] Chat: fixed chat not working when remote host closed Remcos process and then reconnected
- [*] Chat: now chat forms popup when new message is received.
- [*] Chat: small other improvements and fixes.
v1.9.0 – 29 Aug 2017
Remcos v1.9 is an important update which adds new functionalities but mainly provides many fixes, and many Unicode compatibility improvements.
Almost all of the functions now fully support Unicode, so that you will be able to use Remcos flawlessly in any country, using any language in the world.
Chat function has been added, to make Remcos even more versatile in remote support sessions.
- [+] Added Chat functionality
- [+] Download&Execute: Added Download To Memory function
- [+] Download&Execute: Added option to choose path for Download To File function
- [+] AutoTasks: Download&Execute: Added Download To Memory function
- [+] AutoTasks: Download&Execute: Added option to choose path for Download To File function
- [+] Password Recovery: Added IP address in saved password files
- [*] Greatly improved unicode compatibility in many parts of code and functions
- [*] Fixed issues which happened when remote PC username had unicode characters
- [*] Fixed issues in install/uninstall/update functions with path containing unicode characters
- [*] Bugfix in AutoTasks tasklist loading
- [*] Bugfix in AutoTasks Email Password Recovery
- [*] Fixed form scaling issues which happened under some screen resolution and systems, which caused Remcos forms being cut
- [*] Registry Editor: fixed “add new value” window appearing behind regedit form instead of keeping on top
- [*] Many other minor fixes and improvements
- [!] RETRO-COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Old Remote Hosts (up to v1.8.x) versions NOT compatible due to the many conversions and improvements to support unicode.
- [!] It is highly recommended to update your remote hosts to this version in order to use newest update.
- [!] To update, please build a new remote client using Remcos v1.9 Builder, then use your old v1.8 version to download\execute on remote host.
v1.8.2 – 09 Jul 2017
- [+] Added “Change remote desktop wallpaper” function in FileManager.
- [*] FileManager: fixes and improvements regarding UNICODE filenames and paths
- [*] FileManager: fixed bug on file transfer when transferring multiple files using encrypted connection
- [*] Fixed multithread bug on RC4 encryption class
- [*] AutoTasks: Minor fixes and improvements (fixed black cmd window appearing when launching cmd command)
- [!] It is recommended to update your remote hosts to this version in order to use FileManager properly.
v1.8.1 – 06 Jun 2017
- [*] Fixes on Proxy module
v1.8.0 – 02 Jun 2017
- [+] Added Direct SOCKSv5 modules and functionality.
- [+] Added Reverse SOCKSv5 modules and functionality.
- [*] BugFix: Backdoor: Fixed deallocated memory access bug
- [*] BugFix: Auto-Task: Fixed bug when sending multiple commands.
- [*] Event Log Improvements: added icons for event type (info, warning, error, success)
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes
v18.104.22.168 – 15 Feb 2017
- [*] ScreenCapture: Small GUI fix on the “show remote mouse cursor” checkbox when resizing form.
v1.7.4 – 14 Feb 2017
- [+] Added “Rename remote client” function, to change it’s assigned name on the fly.
- [+] Screen Capture: Added option to show remote mouse cursor.
- [+] Screen Logger: Added option to show remote mouse cursor.
- [*] Minor bugfix: Fixed out of range error message, which appeared when pressing a shortkeys while connections listview was focused but with 0 hosts connected.
- [*] Minor GUI changes/improvements.
v1.7.3 – 23 Jan 2017
- [*] Password Recovery & Automatic Recovery: improvements and fixes, now recovery is done via dedicated socket.
IMPORTANT: Password Recovery function from this version is NOT compatible with older versions Password Recovery.
Update remote hosts to new version in order to use the upgraded Password Recovery.
- [*] Webcam Capture: GUI improvements, and now Frame Timestamp is displayed.
- [*] Screen Capture: Fixed crash occurring when there is no display to render.
- [*] Now windows created by functions stay on top of the Main C&C Window.
This provides a more comfortable experience, expecially when using many functions alltogether, or if you want to keep Remcos C&C fullscreen.
v1.7.2 – 20 Jan 2017
- [*] Improved compatibility of watchdog and injection functions with crypter/packer software; now these functions should be compatible with almost any crypter.
v1.7.1 – 19 Jan 2017
- [+] Added Watchdog functionality which protects Remcos file and process from accidental termination or deletion;
if this function is activated, it will be possible to uninstall Remcos easily only by using Close or Uninstall functions from C&C.
- [+] Added Registry watchdog, which protects Remcos registry entries from corruption or deletion.
- [*] Minor fixes and improvements.
v1.7 – 05 Jan 2017
- [+] Added Remote Registry Editor function.
v1.6.11 – 18 Dec 2016
- [+] C&C: Added changelog button
v1.6.10 – 17 Dec 2016
- [+] C&C: Now Operative System architecture (32/64 bit) is displayed on OS column as well.
- [*] Backdoor: bugfix on installation which occurred when installing under system32 in 64bit platform.
v1.6.9 – 14 Dec 2016
- [+] Added stub selection, with relocation build option.
- [*] Backdoor: fixed crash which occurred when connecting to a DNS via a disabled network adapter.
- [*] C&C: Fixed visual bug on some Info MessageBoxes cutting long text when using custom theme.
- [*] C&C: Screencapture: now mouse clicks and keystrokes are not sent anymore if screencapture is disabled or in “single frame” mode.
- [+] Added Remote Scripting function: allows you to quickly write, launch and monitor scripts on all of your machines.
Scripts get deleted as soon as they finish their execution.
You need to update your remote clients to be able to use this function on them.
- [+] Added Shortcut Keys for menu functions, so you can quickly pop up functions using the keyboard.
You can hide/show display of shortcut keys in menu from Local Settings -> Preferences.
- [+] Backdoor: more detailed displayed info (in visible mode).
- [+] C&C: Now you can set custom ping interval.
- [+] C&C: “Assigned name” field replaced with “ID” field, which contains assigned prefix + a unique identifier (based on remote OS name, PC/Username, IP address, Mutex), to identify a remote connection with an unique identifier.
- [*] C&C: Fixed access violation error which happened on closing Remcos C&C and prevented Remcos from closing using the X button; this error occurred in some particular cases after user logs out and in Windows
- [*] C&C: Changed design of Settings section, to make it more tidy.
- [*] C&C: Fixed KeepAlive Sleep problem which happened on some systems, and caused connections to disconnect and reconnect in some conditions.
- [*] C&C: Fixed memory leak on GeoLocalization thread.
- [*] Other small fixes and improvements.
- [!] Now on Remcos Free is no more available “invisible” mode.
- [+] Added mail clients recovery (Thunderbird, Outlook)
- [+] Added on-demand Clear cookies/logins option in keylogger form
v1.6.5 – 19 Oct 2016
- [*] C&C: Fixes regarding new builder system
- [*] Backdoor: Small fixes regarding injection on 64-bit platforms
- [*] File Manager: now it is possible to open remotely multiple files simoultaneously
v1.6.4 – 16 Oct 2016
- [+] Added Builder Profiles system
- [*] Corrected visual bug in some locations displyed using GeoIP method
v1.6.3 – 11 Oct 2016
- [+] Now you have the option to create a custom folder to install remcos exe and keylogs. The custom folder will be created inside the chosen parent director, ex. C:\Windows\Remcos\remcos.exe.
You can still install remcos without own folder, ex. C:\Windows\remcos.exe, by simply leaving custom folder field blank.
- [*] Fixed “zombie remcos” bug, which made the C&C unresponsive and had to be killed by task manager. This bug happened in some cases after a prolonged use of the C&C.
- [*] Other stability and performance improvements.
- [*] Few small GUI fixes and improvements.
v1.6.2 – 25 Sep 2016
- [*] Small improvements and bugfixes related to installation, UAC bypass and Password Recovery AutoTask.
v1.6.1 – 24 Sep 2016
- [+] AutoTasks:Added ability to save/load tasklists.
- [*] Now order and width of columns in connections listview get remembered after you restart Remcos C&C (They are saved in remcos .ini file).
v22.214.171.124 – 21 Sep 2016
- [*] Fixed bug related to wrong display of remote computer name in some rare cases.
- [*] ScreenCapture & CamCapture: Fixed visual misalignment of some components when resizing form, this visual bug was introduced in v1.6.
v1.6 – 17 Sep 2016
- [+] Added IP Geolocation
- [+] Added Priviledge Escalation Exploit (UAC Bypass)
- [+] Anti-Analysis: Added Self-Uninstall reaction: erase itself completely from system when selected analysis environment is detected
- [+] Screen Capture: Added “AutoSave all frames” function
- [+] Webcam Capture: Added “AutoSave all frames” function
- [+] Window Manager: Added options to maximize and restore windows
- [*] Password Recovery: optimized to make it slightly faster
- [*] Process Manager: Fixed “List Index out of bounds” error which appeared after sorting connections in custom order
- [*] Builder: Installation ComboBoxes are now not-editable, to prevent user errors
v 1.5.2 – 02 Sep 2016
- [+] Added “Local Connection Address” in HostInfo form
- [+] Added “Priviledge Level” in HostInfo form
- [*] Fixed “List Index out of bounds” error which appeared after sorting connections in custom order
- [*] Fixed visual bug which made ports appear as listening in some cases, even after error message when ports where
signaled as unavailable
- [*] Fixed connection bug which happened in some particular cases when more then 1 connection address was
specified, and prevented remote host to connect to C&C until some time
- [*] Fixed visual bug on CamCapture function, which signaled a wrong “no camera detected” message when multiple instances of CamCapture where running together
- [*] Other minor improvements and fixes.
v 126.96.36.199 – 26 Aug 2016
- [*] Fixed bug in tray notification not showing info correctly, bug was introduced in v1.5.1 due to unicode conversion.
v 1.5.1 – 25 Aug 2016
- [+] Added System Uptime view.
- [*] Unicode: Window Manager and Computer/Username are now Unicode
- [*] Fixed flickering of listview when many connections are active
- [+] WebCam Capture: added Open Local Pictures Folder button, to quick access pictures folder.
- [*] WebCam Capture: no more msgbox notifying of file saved (now notified in statusbar, more comfortable)
- [!] Not compatible with previous versions of remote hosts, due to unicode improvements. Use your older version of Remcos to update your remote hosts to v1.5.1.
v 1.5 – 22 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Fun Functions
- [+] Now it is possible to customize application look, by selecting one from a total of 26 different skins.
- [*] Improved Unicode compatibility for unicode languages (chinese etc.), including changes on File Manager, File Search, Process Manager, and Active Window Title.
- [*] Other minor changes and fixes
- [!] Not fully compatible with remote hosts and .ini config file of previous versions. Delete remcos_settings.ini file before opening v1.5, and update your remote hosts to v1.5.
v 1.4 – 14 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Force Relogin function
- [*] ScreenCapture: Now Mouse/Keyboard input value gets remembered (no more always enabled as default)
- [*] Bugfixes
v 1.3 – 1 Aug 2016
- [+] Added Idle Time view in main interface.
- [*] Now it’s possible to drag columns of main interface, to place them in custom order.
- [*] Small fixes on keylogger.
- [!] v1.3 is not compatible with old backdoor clients.
v 1.2 – 30 Jul 2016
- [+] Added Selective Keylogger functionality!
Selective Keylogger will log keystrokes only when typed inside a chosen window/s.
Now possible from builder to enable Offline Keylogger in Log Everything mode, or in Selective Keylogging mode.
- [*] Improvements on the existing keylogger functionality
- [*] Some GUI improvements
- [*] Minor bugfixes
v 188.8.131.52 – 27 Jul 2016
- [*] Fixed access violation error on C&C, which occurred sometimes when multiple remote hosts are connected, and get abruptly disconnected due to network stoppage or other hard disconnections.
v 1.1.1 – 26 Jul 2016
- [*] Fixed Remcos program updater, which did display new update but didn’t download it correctly.
- [*] Fixed access violation error which occurred in some cases on program exit.
v 1.1 – 24 Jul 2016
- [+] Added Password Recovery function.
- [+] Added Password Recovery automatic task.
- [*] Fixed Editable TreeView in Builder section.
v 1.0 – 21 Jul 2016
- First public release of Remcos.